Nut4nt usage with Antcom antenna 1G1215RL-PP-XS-X RevA

About GNSS boards with NTLab's nt1065 chip, SE4150 and ad9361
Micaela

Nut4nt usage with Antcom antenna 1G1215RL-PP-XS-X RevA

Postby Micaela » Mon May 13, 2019 6:09 am

Hi everyone,

I was trying to use the nut4nt board with this Antcom antenna (see attached datasheet
1G1215RL-PP-XS-X RevA_Antcom.jpg
1G1215RL-PP-XS-X RevA_Antcom.jpg (212.63 KiB) Viewed 27 times
). This is an high-gain dual-polarization antenna (RHCP and LHCP), we already used in the past with another FE, namely the STEREO FE (http://www.nsl.eu.com/datasheets/stereo.pdf). With the STEREO FE we can use the mentioned antenna only using a 20 dB attenuator, in order to scale the antenna output power to fit the maximum acceptable FE input power. Without the 20dB attenuator, the FE LNAs works out of lineariity and it is not possible even to acquire the GNSS signal (RHCP).

Now, I am encountering the same issue with the nut4nt board. I have tried with 0, 10, 20 and 30 dB. Not found yet the best attenuation value, with 20dB it is able to acquire few satellites, but probably the optimal value is in the middle (10 dB not sufficient and 30 dB is too much). Now, I can of course keep on doing tests to find the optimal attenuation, but I was wondering if someone here have some suggestion.

Have you ever tried to use the nut4nt with that antenna or a similar one?
I have seen there is the possibility to tune the RF AGC gain. Do you think it could be a good idea to do it, maybe avoiding to attenuate?
Any suggestion is more than welcome!

Thank you in advance! :)

Return to “Boards: nut4nt, nut4se, nut2ad”